Train the Trainer - CQC Mandatory Oral Healthcare
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To teach trainers to deliver the CQC oral healthcare training in line with CQC 2019 recommendations.
• Complete the CQC mandatory oral healthcare course.
• Know how to complete the candidates course assessment criteria
• Be able to deliver a micro-teach session on the healthcare training programme
• To be able to review the CQC and NICE NG48 guidance in detail
To train staff to be able to carry out Oral Healthcare, this course is for trainers who are new to or developing a trainer role in Oral Healthcare.
- • Complete the CQC oral healthcare course
• Analysis of advanced conditions
• Signpost access to further support
• Review the course assessment process
• Be able to assess candidates and evidence a pass / fail
• Review the skills model and provide feedback
• Lesson from CQC smiling matters- June 2019
• Review NICE guideline NG48- Published: 5 July 2016
• Review standardization of assessment
• Be able to confidently complete the Oral health assessment tool
• Be aware of CQC evidence requirements for training
• Be able to provide evidence for CQC inspections
• To deliver an assessed micro session on the oral healthcare course
• CQC assessment of learning
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
The course is for trainers who wish to deliver the new CQC Mandatory Oral Healthcare programme. It will involve completing the CQC Mandatory Oral Healthcare programme and then reviewing the training materials. Trainers will then deliver an assessed micro-teach of the programme and review their performance and critically evaluate others. The course will also look at evidence requirements for CQC training as well as standardisation criteria.
Upon completion candidates will be able to independently deliver and assess student on the CQC Mandatory Oral Healthcare programme. As part of the course trainers will be required to complete a series of practical assessments on carrying out basic oral care. In addition to providing a planned session and receiving feedback upon their delivery.