Specialist Safeguarding - Modern Slavery
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To develop skills to recognise and raise concerns over modern slavery.
• Explain what modern slavery looks
• Recognise the signs and types of modern slavery
• Understand how their role contributes to reducing modern slavery
Staff who may unknowingly encounter modern slavery as part of their working duties
• Offences in the 2015 Modern Slavery Act
• High risk industry or location for modern slavery
• 4 Models of forced Labour in supply chains
• Role of National Referral Mechanism (NRM), operated by the UK Human Trafficking Centre (UKHTC)
• how to respond if they have any concerns relating to modern slavery
• UK case studies
• IDA story
• Tackling modern slavery in business supply chains
• how their role contributes to reducing modern slavery
• Britain’s Hidden Slaves
• The Modern Slavery Helpline on 0800 0121 700
• CQC assessment
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
This course will enable staff to address issues around modern slavery and develop their knowledge and awareness about this hidden crime. It provides a broad overview of a range of modern slavery issues conditions and looks at current legal awareness requirement for the UK.