Safeguarding Children and Young People (Level 2 and 3)
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To be able to carry out your safeguarding responsibilities.
• Understanding what safeguarding is
• Review the types of abuse
• Review the UK guidance ‘working together to safeguard children’ – updated 21 February 2019
• Be able to act against safeguarding issues raised
Anyone who has a child and young person safeguarding responsibility as part of their role.
Level 2 safeguarding Children and Young People (half-day) course content:
• Recognise signs, symptoms or indicators for each of the 11 types of abuse
• Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and online social networking
• Potential risks for young people online
• Definition of a child and young people
• Promoting the welfare of Children and young person’s
• Review the role of the safeguarding children’s board
• Know how to raise a Children and young person’s safeguarding alert
• Be able to take appropriate action if a concern is raised
• Develop understanding of the local authority process
• Review the role of Multi Agency Service Hubs – MASH
• Review case review to see lessons to be learnt
• Whistle blowing
• Peer to peer abuse
• CQC assessment of learning
Level 3 Safeguarding Children and Young People (full day) course content:
Includes level 2 plus
• Safeguarding timescales
• NSPCC- Child protection in sport unit
• Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF)
• Lessons from Rotherham
• Survivor of child abuse story
• Culture and safeguarding
• Child sexual exploitation
• Role of Disclosure and Barring service (DBS)
• Ofsted safeguarding
• Duties of a safeguarding lead in an organisation
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
The level 2 safeguarding course is a half-day course to give a comprehensive overview of safeguarding of Children and young people, the workers legal responsibilities and any action they must take. The level 3 is an in-depth one-day course that covers safeguarding children and young people, at a more advanced level for those who have a responsibility for safeguarding roles. It also looks at the recording and reporting process in more depth.