Mental Health Awareness Training
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To develop skills in understanding mental health and supporting clients.
- Understanding how mental health affects a persons well being
- Review how to support suffers in a mental health crisis
- Explore how to assess a person’s mental health
- Explore how to access further support for those in crisis
Anyone who works in Mental Health and supports clients.
- Classification of Mental Health Problems
- Communication skills
- 4 types of Depression
- Features of a good Mental Health Assessment
- Responding to hallucinations and delusions
- Mental health legislation
- How to build rapport in a mental health crisis
- Legal framework
- Understanding medication and how it works
- Sectioning under the 1983 Mental health Act and code of practice
- Eating disorders
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
This course will enable staff to communicate with clients who have mental health issues. It provides a broad overview of a range of mental health conditions and looks at current legal awareness requirements for the UK.