Manual Handling of Objects
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To train participants in manual handling of objects.
- Examine principles of lifting and handling
- Look at methods of safe manual handling of objects
- Examine legal requirements
- Explore risk assessments
- Practice and demonstrate safe lifting technique of objects
This course is intended for those who are required to move objects.
• Principles of lifting
• Legal requirements
• work related Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
• Outline measures to reduce the risks
• Demonstrate application of good posture and efficient movement principles
• Causative factors and types of musculoskeletal injuries
• Avoiding musculoskeletal injuries
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations
• Principles of good posture and efficient movement principles
• Paired working
• Safe lifting methods
• Manual handling Risk assessments
• Protection from injury
• Structure of the spine
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
The course covers basic lifting and handling of objects. As well as looking at any specific examples that course participants may have. The candidates must be physical able to use and demonstrate safe lifting technique. They will be required to be assessed by the tutor as competent with their handling skills.