Lone Working and Personal Safety for Professionals
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To enable professional staff to work safely on their own.
- Review psychology of conflict
- Review behavioural de-escalation techniques
- Learn and practise breakaway techniques
- Tips and techniques on how to remain safe on visits
- Understanding and being aware of potential risks
- Early signs of aggression violence and de-escalating skills
- Promoting confidence and developing self-efficiency
- Understanding loan working procedures
This course is for professionals and managers who conduct lone working and solo home visits.
• Dealing with Anger – The Attitude and Behaviour Cycle
• Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and work-related violence
• Fight / flight or freeze
• DYNAMIC RISK ASSESSMENT
• De-escalating people
• Stages of behaviour
• Brain functioning
• Signalling Non-Aggression
• Body language positions
• Communication blocks
• 6 common de-escalation techniques
• Out and about streetwise personal safety
• New Home visit -research
• Steps to Staying Safe During Home Visits
• Risk Reduction Responses
• Knowledge and understanding of triggers
• Case studies
• Available support
• Course assessment
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
This course involves a mixture of group and individual work and requires the application of critical reflective thinking during the day. It is designed for professionals who are required to lone work and includes an optional introduction to a breakaway module if required.
In addition, the course utilised a professional actor for scenarios as a further option. This enables professionals to review and reflect upon their skills in this area. The course is specifically designed for registered managers, social workers, AMPHS and OTs.