Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment for Professionals (RQF)
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To enable professional staff to assess risk.
• Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work
• Be able to carry out a basic risk assessment
• Review relevant legislation related to risk
• Understand the principles of risk assessment
• To provide an overview or mental health risk tools
• To explore relevant factors in mental health
This course is for professionals and managers and is designed to provide an awareness of the benefits of risk assessment in any environment.
• Define key terms associated with risk assessment in the context of health and safety at work
• Identify employer’s duties in relation to risk assessment imposed by best practice, guidance and approved codes of practice
• State the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health
• Outline the requirements for risk assessment
• Describe a simple process to risk assessment
• Outline the use of the hierarchy of controls
• Outline a simple method to evaluate risk i.e. Low, Medium and High
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
This course involves a mixture of group and individual work and requires the application of critical reflective thinking during the day. It is designed for professionals who are required to assess risk and includes the level 2 principles of risk assessment exam. The Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF) has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework that includes those qualifications regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation. The qualification is also regulated by Qualifications Wales. It is assessed by a multiple-choice examination, where the learner must answer at least 9 out of 15 questions correctly. The examination will take a maximum of 30 minutes to complete.