Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 2 (RQF qualification)
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To enable participants to pass the national level 2 award in food hygiene.
• Review types of health hazards
• Be able to understand safe storage and temperatures
• Be able to identify cleaning requirements
• Complete the level 2 examination in food hygiene
Staff who have a responsibility for handling, serving and preparing food.
• Review of legislation- food standards agency
• Contamination and hazards – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point HACCP system
• Types of health hazards
• Safe storage and temperatures
• What can go wrong
• Hygiene hazards
• Infection control- PPE
• Cleaning and micro-organisms- hand washing
• Environmental health and HSE their role
• Level 2 multiple choice examination
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
This course is the national level 2 award in food hygiene, it is assessed by a multiple-choice exam paper that is sent to the awarding body to mark. It is a requirement for all staff who handle and prepare food and looks at CQC recommendations for food safety.