To be able to support client’s oral health in line with CQC 2019 recommendations.
• Understand the importance of residents’ oral health
• Know how to deliver daily mouth care
• Be able to use an oral health assessment tool
• To be able to review a personal care plan for oral care
Staff who are required to provide personal care or support clients with the oral healthcare as part of their role.
- Importance of residents’ oral health and the potential effect on their general health, wellbeing and dignity.
- Oral healthcare and antibiotics
- Dentate / Edentate procedures
- Lubricants/Lip Moisturisers
- Lesson from CQC smiling matters- June 2019
- Mouth care and health and wellbeing
- Medical Device Alert – Oral Swabs with a Foam Head- understanding the risk
- The oral care equipment checklist- 8 items
- Using the Oral Health Assessment Tool
- How to manage dentures- cleaning and care
- Partial dentures removal and care
- Understand the importance of denture marking
- Daily mouth care- the basics
- How to use fluoride toothpaste
- CQC assessment of learning
Includes all the above plus:
- Oral care and the personal care plans
- Know how and when to report any oral health concerns for residents
- Review NICE guideline NG48- Published: 5 July 2016
- The Lloyd Goss Oral Health Assessment
- Use of any over-the-counter products
- How to respond if a resident does not want daily mouth care or to have their dentures removed
- Understand the potential impact of untreated dental pain or mouth infection on the behaviour
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.