Basic Life Support - Train the Trainer
Click on each tab to see additional course information
To be able to train staff in Basic Life Support (BLS) (as required by CQC)
• To train staff in Basic life support and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults and paediatric CPR
• Assess methods of CPR
• Examine legal requirements
• Meet care certificate standard 12
• Be able to train staff in the use of the recovery position
To train staff to be able to carry out BLS, this course is for trainers who are new to or developing a trainer role in BLS.
- Priorities and principles of First Aid
- CPR- 2015 UK guidelines
- The legal position- review relevant case law
- Preparation for micro teach
- Assess individual candidates- principle of assessment
- Legal requirements- case law update on manual handing
- Use of a defibrillator
- Be able to demonstrate and train staff in BLS
- Respond to chocking
- Infection control and BLS
- Be able to assess staff in CPR protocols
- Demonstrate a micro teach on BLS
- Draw up a lesson plan and course assessment for BLS
- CQC assessment of learning
This course has been mapped to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Part 4), and the CQC Guidance for providers on meeting the regulations. It also complies with Regulation 12 Safe Care and Treatment and Regulation 18 Staffing of the CQC fundamental standards are met.
This course is delivered on site, at the client’s premises or nominated venue.
Summary & Booking
The course allows you to train staff in BLS, it included a refresher of current 2015 UK guidelines. You will learn to design and deliver an assessed micro-teach on BLS. The candidates must be able to use and demonstrate safe use of the defibrillator and CPR techniques and to train and assess others as competent.